Full time job
~ 6 years XP
3 months ago
Doctolib is a purpose-led company that strives for a healthier world with more than 2,500 employees across France, Italy, and Germany. Since 2013, Doctolib has been improving the daily lives of more than 300,000 healthcare professionals by providing them with new-generation technology and services. Doctolib also serves more than 70 million Europeans, offering a fast, frictionless and secure journey for all their care needs.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our Platform Engineering teams. As a Staff Engineer you will join Doctolib’s Notification Traffic Control (NTC) team whose mission is to maintain the service in charge of sending emails, SMS and push notifications to all our end users.
The NTC team is sending 10 million messages per day and expects to multiply the volume in the next months and years. With an emphasis on scalability, deliverability and speed we are continuing to launch new efforts, including an automatic load-balancing between providers and a retry system.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will take leadership on building a scalable architecture for our notifications delivery system
- You will contribute on setting technical vision and defining the roadmap for the next quarters, in line with the global Doctolib strategy in terms of growth
- You will be mentoring your senior peers within the team and advocating for a high quality product
- You will code, deploy, and work with instant user feedback to build the product
- You will participate in architecture reviews to ensure that the team meets & exceeds Docotlib’s standards of quality
- You will set standards and exceed security, reliability, performance and scalability requirements that are needed to continue to be the most trusted e-health SaaS
- You will join Doctolib on our quest to continuously improve the way we work
- You will continuously build the next step of your career path
Who you are
If you don’t meet all the requirements below but believe this opportunity matches your expectations and experience, we still encourage you to apply!
- You have at least 6+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience working on multi product and multi country complex systems
- You think critically and objectively; with a solutions oriented approach while adapting to the most efficient technologies
- You have a strong backend development experience, preferably in a hyper-growth environment
- You have experience with Ruby
- You have proven experiences developing efficient, maintainable, and secure products
- You are comfortable with English (our team is international!)
What we offer
- A stock-option program for each Doctoliber
- A competitive health insurance paid 100% by the company
- A dedicated onboarding program - the Doctolib Academy
- Mental health and wellbeing offer in partnership with moka.care
- The Doctolib Parent Care Program, including extended parental leave, meet-ups and inspiring conferences
- A subsidy from the work council to refund part of the membership to a sport club or a creative class
- Subsidy for lunch and various food offers in our offices
- A flexible workplace policy offering both hybrid and office-based mode
- Flexibility days allowing to work in EU countries and the UK 10 days per year
The interview process
- Recruiter Interview
- Feature Building Interview
- System Design Interview
- Behavioral Interview
If you would like to find out more about tech life at Doctolib, feel free to read our latest Medium blog articles!
At Doctolib, we believe in improving access to healthcare for everyone - regardless of where you come from, what you look like. This translates into our recruitment process: Doctolib is an equal opportunity employer. We don't just accept diversity at Doctolib, we respect and celebrate it!
The more diverse ideas are heard, the more our product will truly improve healthcare for all. You are welcome to apply to Doctolib, regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. If you have a disability, let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process smoother for you!
All the information transmitted via this form is processed by Doctolib for the purpose of managing applications. For more information on how Doctolib processes your application data, click here.
If you wish to exercise your rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your data, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.