Ruby Software Engineer - Range & Logistics
Bloom & Wild n'utilise pas RoRJobs pour poster ses jobs 😢. Mais on trouve ça important d'importer tout de même leur job pour que tu puisses postuler.
Tu vas être rediriger vers le lien de l'annonce. Si le lien ne fonctionne pas, contacte-nous par email ou chat pour qu'on puisse mettre à jour.Apply
Create an email alert
You'll receive once a day new jobs.
Full time job
~ 3 years XP
5 months ago
About Bloom & Wild
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s leading online flower company, and the UK’s fastest growing ecommerce company according to the Financial Times, growing at +100%.
In January 2021, we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, Bloomon and Bergamotte, having acquired Bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
The role and ways of working:
- You’ll play an active part in delivering your squad's and the Technology team's roadmaps. This will mean writing, reviewing and supporting code in our platform, owning ideas from requirements to production code, and being responsible for quality at every step along the way.
- You’ll work with some great technology. Our backend platform, currently using Ruby 3.1.3 and Rails 6.1 is backed by PostgreSQL, Fargate/ECS on AWS, with APIs that are used by our Angular 12 webapp and our native mobile apps. Our technology strategy also includes continuing to develop new domain driven services & microservices.
- You will get to work with, and learn from, an established and experienced group of Ruby engineers from across the Engineering team, who will support you and encourage you to grow and fulfil your potential.
- You can read more about our technology and culture over on our tech blog - Code & Wild
As a Ruby developer (3 years+), you’ll:
- Have detailed knowledge of Ruby on Rails in a production environment and experience of test-driven development. You will also have experience of good CI/CD and observability practices.
- Have experience working in a collaborative and cross functional team environment; we encourage engineers to have a product mindset and to work with stakeholders and our product team to identify and then find the best solution to problems.
- Have experience working with RESTful APIs and ideally you will have built new ones, used version control tools such as GitHub, CI/CD tools, and testing tools like RSpec/Cucumber or similar.
- Be able to get going quickly, understand complex systems and also be able to communicate with non-technical team members.
- Be experienced in breaking down complex requirements into thin slices for development and estimating the size of work in complexity.
It would be great if you also have...
- Experience working in a fast-growing (preferably consumer-facing) start-up.
Why Bloom & Wild?
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- Enhanced family leave policy and a workplace nursery scheme
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
🌴 Time off
- 25 days’ holiday + your birthday and bank holidays each year
- Option to buy an extra 5 days’ holiday each year
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health & Wellbeing
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our office kitchen is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development